What Causes Headaches?

Headaches can happen for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes it’s because of emotional stuff like family conflicts, stress from exams, or pressure at work. Other times, it’s due to everyday things like not drinking enough water or eating certain foods.

Sleep problems, like insomnia, can also trigger headaches—when you don’t sleep well, your head might hurt in the morning.

Sometimes, it’s about how you sit or sleep. Bad posture can make your neck muscles stiff, leading to a headache. And if you’ve had a bump to the head or some kind of injury, that can cause ongoing headaches too.

1 Like

I used to get headaches when I was stressed, skipped meals, or when I didn’t get enough sleep. Also, when I have troubled bowel movements the headaches are even worse. Also, I have noticed headaches are frequent when there’s a change in the weather, either too hot or too cold. However, painkillers do relieve me of headaches. So staying hydrated, eating well, and being stress-free can avoid headaches.

Hello JanVi

Thanks for opening up about your headaches and what sets them off. It’s key to know the different triggers like stress, skipping meals, not getting enough sleep, or even changes in the weather that can cause headaches. Drinking enough water, eating balanced meals, handling stress, and getting good rest are all super important in stopping headaches from happening. Taking painkillers might help, but it’s also about dealing with what’s causing the headaches and making healthy life choices. Don’t forget to take care of yourself and see a doctor if the headaches stick around or get worse.