What Foods Can Trigger Allergies in Children?

Children may be allergic to eggs, milk, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, and wheat.

My son is allergic to eggs. We got to know that after he had severe vomiting and diarrhea the same evening he consumed an egg for lunch. He was hospitalized for a week due to weakness, dehydration, and diarrhea. So we make sure he doesn’t eat eggs or foods that have eggs added to them.

1 Like

My child has trouble digesting dairy and gluten… I cant say if its an allergy or more of a gut thing. There is no severe reaction, but every time she eats these, her digestion is messed up. Wonder whats the issue…

1 Like

Hi JanVi,

Thank you for sharing your son’s experience with his egg allergy. It’s crucial to remain vigilant in avoiding eggs and egg-containing foods to prevent severe reactions. We’re relieved to hear that he received appropriate medical care during his hospitalization. Remember, regularly reading food labels and informing caregivers and schools about his allergy are important steps in ensuring his safety. Feel free to reach out if you need any support or resources regarding food allergies.

1 Like

Hello jayshreeonline,

We appreciate you letting us know about your child’s dairy and gluten sensitivity. It’s essential to monitor their symptoms closely and consider seeking advice from a healthcare professional for a thorough evaluation and diagnosis. Sensitivity to dairy and gluten can vary widely, with lactose intolerance causing digestive pain after consuming lactose-containing foods, and gluten potentially leading to autoimmune reactions in conditions like celiac disease or gluten sensitivity. Exploring alternative dairy and gluten-free options may provide relief from symptoms while you work with healthcare professionals to manage their sensitivities. If you need further assistance or guidance regarding your child’s sensitivities, please feel free to reach out.

2 Likes